Upcoming Events 9/26 through 10/2
Plenty of awesome activities and events happening at Seattle Center this week! All of the events listed below are in close, walking-distance from the monorail platform at Seattle Center. We depart from Westlake Center (5th Avenue and Pine Street) every 10 minutes from 9am to 11pm! We offer discounted rates for large groups – contact us for more information! Visit http://www.seattlemonorail.com/ for rider alerts, standard ticket rates, and the history of the Seattle Center Monorail!
- This week: 9/26-10/2: Come see the newest exhibition at the Children’s Museum! ‘Adventures with Clifford the Big Red Dog’ will be at the museum from now until January 17, 2011. http://thechildrensmuseum.org/adventures-with-clifford-the-big-red-dog
- Sunday, 9/26: Italian Festival happening at Seattle Center! Festivities begin at 10AM. Enjoy amazing food, films, grape-stomping, and a bocce ball tournament! http://www.seattlecenter.com/events/festivals/festal/detail.asp?EV_EventNum=16
- Tuesday, 9/28: Go see Intiman Theatre’s ‘A Doctor in Spite of Himself’ at 7:30pm http://www.intiman.org/
- Wednesday, 9/29: The Pacific Science Center IMAX Theater has films about ‘Beavers’ and ‘Bugs’ playing all day! http://www.pacsci.org/imax/
- Wednesday, 9/29: Ride the Ducks for a great cause! Buy tickets for Wednesday and Ride the Ducks will donate 100% of ticket sales to Starlight Children’s Foundation of Washington! http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/starlight.htm
- Wednesday, 9/29: Science Fiction Hall of Fame 2010 Induction Ceremony at 4:30pm http://seattlecenter.com/events/event_detail.asp?ca_calnum=354400
- Thursday, 9/30: Seattle Children’s Theatre Performance of ‘The Borrowers’ at the Charlotte Martin Theatre at 7pm http://www.sct.org/browse/production.aspx?prod=7577
- Thursday, 9/30: Pacific Northwest Ballet Performance ‘Director’s Choice’ starts at 7:30pm in McCaw Hall http://www.pnb.org/
- Friday, 10/1: National Ballroom Dance Week at Seattle Center House Stage/Dance Floor at 7pm. Enjoy free dancing, lessons, give-aways, and performances! There will be lots of time for social dancing as well! http://usadanceseattle.org/ Here’s the schedule:
- 7:10pm: ‘Cha-cha’ lesson with Koral Wynn and Natalia Leonova.
- 7:30pm: Pacific Ballroom Dance Team Performances.
- 9pm: USA Dance Seattle Performance Team dances Viennese Waltz.
- 9:30pm: USA Dance Seattle Performance Team dances Salsa Rueda
- Saturday, 10/2: Northwest Tea Festival is being held at Seattle Center in the Northwest Rooms from 9am-6pm. It’s free to the public with a suggested donation of $5. It’s a great opportunity to try a large variety of teas from all over the world! http://www.nwteafestival.com/program10.php
- Saturday, 10/2: The Seattle Repertory Theatre offers a preview performance of ‘God of Carnage’ at the Bagley Wright Theatre at 7:30pm. http://www.seattlerep.org/Plays/1011/GC/
- Saturday, 10/2 and Sunday, 10/3: Come see 34,000 square feet of LEGO exhibits and displays – there’s even a building zone where you can build your own structures! BrickCon: An Adult LEGO Hobbyist Event takes place in Seattle Center Exhibition Hall from 11am-3pm both Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $7, children under 4 are free! https://www.brickcon.org/