Events at Seattle Center!
If you’re looking for something to do this week, Seattle Center is the place to go! The international zombie convention, Harry Potter exhibition, Hello Kitty anniversary celebration, and the Verizon Urban Challenge are all happening here!
The monorail operates everyday from 9am to 11pm and runs between Westlake Center (5th and Pine) and Seattle Center (adjacent to the Space Needle). Call 206-905-2620 for more information or visit our homepage: http://www.seattlemonorail.com/
Daily at Seattle Center:
- Harry Potter: the Exhibition is at the Pacific Science Center. The exhibition is interactive, fun, and designed for people of all-ages! Additionally, the monorail’s exterior is currently wrapped to look like The Hogwarts™ Express train from the movie. Visit the Pacific Science Center’s website for more information about the exhibition: http://www.pacsci.org/harrypotter/
- Check out Battlestar Galactica: the Exhibition at the EMP|SFM! It just opened at the Science Fiction Museum last weekend! Come see 3 full-size prop spaceships, costumes, films, and many other incredible props from the series. The exhibition will be in town until March 4, 2012. http://www.empsfm.org/exhibitions/index.asp?articleID=1491
- ‘The Scarlet Letter’ is playing at Intiman Theatre daily. The performance was adapted by Naomi lizuka and runs one hour and twenty five minutes, including one intermission. We’ve heard great things about this play! http://www.intiman.org/season/the-scarlet-letter/
- ‘Three Tall Women’ is being performed by the Seattle Repertory Theatre at Leo Kreielsheimer Theatre from now through November 28th. It runs two hours including one intermission and features three, tall women in different stages of their lives. It won the 1994 Pulitzer Prize and is by Edward Albee. http://www.seattlerep.org/Plays/1011/TW/
- Come see Dia De Muertos – A Mexican Celebration to Remember the Departed. The art exhibit can be found in the Center House gallery.
- Tonight, the Space Needle presents ‘Meet the Winemakers at SkyCity’ which features Olsen Estates. The event starts at 5pm. http://www.spaceneedle.com/visit/calendar.html
- ‘An Evening with Dr. Jane Goodall: The Power of Youth is Global’ is happening in McCaw Hall tonight at 7:30pm. Tickets are available at ticketmaster.com. http://seattlecenter.com/events/event_detail.asp?ca_calnum=357339
- ‘Hamlet’ is being performed by the Seattle Shakespeare Company at 7:30pm in the Seattle Center House Theatre. This performance is a Pay-What-You-Will Preview Performance http://www.seattleshakespeare.org/2010-2011/Hamlet/index.asp
- ZomBcon is taking place at Seattle Center this Halloween weekend. This is the world’s first dedicated zombie culture convention. Fans of all ages will find unique, one-of-a-kind events, workshops and presentations celebrating the zombie. http://www.zombcon.com/
- Women of Faith ‘Imagine’ takes place at KeyArena from 10am to 3:30pm and 7pm to 10pm. The conference will continue on Saturday from 9am to 5pm at KeyArena. http://www.womenoffaith.com/seattle/
- The Verizon Urban Challenge takes place at Center Square at Seattle Center at 9am. Check-in closes at 9:30am. There are 50 teams of two competing in 12 challenges as they race through Seattle in hopes of winning up to $3,000 in cash, two HTC smartphones, and $125 Verizon Wireless gift cards. http://www.verizonurbanchallenge.com/
- Hello Kitty 50th Anniversary Tour makes a stop at Seattle Center near the International Fountain from 11am to 7pm. You can meet Hello Kitty, check out cool Hello Kitty products, pick up free coupons and stickers, and the first fifty shoppers will receive a free goody bag (with purchase).http://www.facebook.com/hellokitty?v=wall#!/event.php?eid=156451621057514&index=1
- Dia De Muertos Cultural Festival takes place in Center House to showcase the celebration to remember the departed. It begins at 12pm. http://www.seattlecenter.com/events/festivals/festal/detail.asp?EV_EventNum=19
- Go to ZomBCon International 2010 Convention at Seattle Center!
- Happy Halloween!!
- Gorillaz perform at KeyArena with special guest N.E.R.D. The show begins at 7:30pm. The monorail is a great way to get to the concert and avoid having to pay for event parking! http://www.keyarena.com/default.asp?keyarena=18&objId=539