This Week at Seattle Center!
Can you believe that it’s already December?! There’s so much happening at Seattle Center and in downtown Seattle during this holiday season!
The Seattle Center Monorail is running daily 9am-11pm with the exception of Christmas Day. The train departs every 10 minutes and runs between Westlake Center (5th Avenue and Pine Street) and Seattle Center (adjacent to the Space Needle). Here’s a list of fun events and activities happening this week!
This week at Seattle Center:
- Winterfest Art Show Exhibit in the Center House Gallery features an ‘Earth, Air, Fire, & Water’ exhibit by Christine Awad… come see it – it’s free! http://seattlecenter.com/events/event_detail.asp?ca_calnum=292043
- The Winterfest Train and Village is up and running inside of Center House. Children can take turns operating the Winterfest Train through the miniature village daily 10:30a-12:30p, 1:30-3:30p, and 4:30-6:30p! http://www.seattlecenter.com/programs/detail.asp?EV_EventNum=73
- Winterfest Ice Rink is open and located at Fisher Pavilion. The rink is open Sunday-Thursday 11am-8pm and Friday-Saturday 11am-10pm! $7 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6-12, and only $2 for kids 5 and under! The cost includes skate rental! Come out and enjoy the festivities! http://www.seattlecenter.com/programs/detail.asp?EV_EventNum=73
- Come see The Children’s Museum’s ‘Festival of Lights – A Kid-Sized Winter Exhibition’! Hanukkah is featured December 1-7 and Santa Lucia is featured December 8-14. It’s a wonderful opportunity for children and their families to learn about different cultural celebrations and festivals that take place during the winter around the world! http://thechildrensmuseum.org/festivals-of-light
- Check out ‘Harry Potter: the Exhibition’ at Pacific Science Center! It features incredible props and costumes from the films as well as many interactive exhibits to explore and play with! Currently, the monorail is wrapped to look like The Hogwarts Express train from the movies! Catch the train to the exhibition! http://www.pacsci.org/harrypotter/
- Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds are performing in McCaw Hall on the 6th and 7th to raise money for justgive.org at 7:30pm! Save money on event parking and ride the monorail from downtown to Seattle Center! http://www.ticketmaster.com/Dave-Matthews-and-Tim-Reynolds-tickets/artist/855716
- Go see ‘Battlestar Galactica: The Exhibition’ at the Science Fiction Museum! This awesome exhibit features three full-size prop spaceships, as well as famous costumes and new films! http://www.empsfm.org/exhibitions/index.asp?articleID=1491
- Don’t miss the famous Pacific Northwest Ballet Performance of ‘Nutcracker’ which takes place in McCaw Hall at 7:30pm. http://www.pnb.org/Season/10-11/Nutcracker/
- Seattle’s Best Jazz takes place inside of Center House on Friday at 7:30pm and Saturday at 11am. The national award-winning Garfield High School Jazz Band will be performing seasonal and popular songs for free!
- Come meet Santa, visit his workshop, and enjoy the kid’s arts and crafts station at Space Needle’s Observation Deck! He’s there from 11am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday. Visits with Santa are free with purchase of an Observation Deck Ticket! http://www.spaceneedle.com/visit/calendar.html
- Check out the amazing ice sculpting event at noon at Fisher Pavilion Apron! Award-winning artists carve seasonal sculptures each Saturday – come see them for free! http://seattlecenter.com/events/event_detail.asp?ca_calnum=350457
- The Mud Bay Jugglers will be performing at Center House at 7pm! Their show features juggling and fire! Should be exciting!