Seattle Monorail Holiday Schedule
There’s so much to do at Seattle Center’s Winterfest during the holidays. Hop on the Monorail from downtown’s Westlake Center and explore all that Seattle Center has to offer including the enchanting miniature Winter Train and Village inside Center House and the Winterfest Ice Rink at Fisher Pavilion.
Holidays in the City is back! This is a great resource that provides up-to-date information about all the holiday events and activities happening downtown. There is also a free Holidays in the City app available for Apple products: click HERE to learn more and download.
Don’t forget to visit the KING 5 Wonderland Holiday Carousel! Your generous ticket donation goes to support the work of the Downtown Seattle Association and Treehouse, a local nonprofit organization offering kids in foster care what all children so desperately need – a safe place to dream.
Seattle Monorail Schedule:
Current Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday: 7:30AM-11:00PM
- Saturday-Sunday: 8:30AM-11:00PM
The Monorail will close early at 7:00PM on December 24, 2011.
The Monorail is closed on December 25, 2011.
New Years Eve:
On December 31. 2011, the Monorail will be open until 1:00AM for the New Year’s Eve fireworks at the Space Needle. Due to regulations, the Monorail will carry its last passengers from Westlake Center to Seattle Center at approximately 11:15PM. We will resume service from Seattle Center to Westlake Center once we receive the ‘ALL CLEAR’ from the Fire Marshall (estimated to be 12:20AM).
New Years Day:
- The Monorail will open from 10:00AM to 9:00PM.
- Children 12 and under can ride for FREE from 10:00AM to noon!
Winter Hours (effective January 2, 2012):
- Open Monday-Friday: 7:30AM
- Open Saturday-Sunday: 8:30AM
- Closed Sunday-Thursday: 9:00PM
- Closed Friday-Saturday: 11:00PM
* The Monorail will extend hours of operation for special events at Seattle Center, please check the RIDER ALERTS section of our website for schedule changes.